Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Yoga

OK, I already moved my blog.  Haha! Tumblr was SO hard to use! And people couldn't leave comments!  One post and I was done.  :)

Anyway, it's Spring Break and I'm committed to exercising more than usual this week.  OH!  Which reminds me - I weighed in today and lost 2.4 pounds!!  Of course, I hadn't weighed myself for 17 days, so it's not THAT great, but it's better than nothing!  (I'm counting calories and tracking my food on Spark People.  Weight Watchers hasn't worked for me since they changed to PointsPlus.  But that's another post for another day.)

Back to exercising.  I did a yoga class at the gym today.  It was EXCELLENT.  The poses were difficult for me - I've never really done yoga before. But at the end there was a great cool-down and the instructor explained some things about the practice of yoga, which was very interesting!  We focused on gratitude and it was so nice to shut out the rest of the world and be thankful. I'm definitely going to be sore tomorrow! And I'm also definitely going to go again!

Then I did a water class with Brian.  He has really bad back issues and this class was focused on strengthening the back.  It was me, Brian, and 7 old ladies.  HA!  But it was great and I can totally see how you could tone up from water exercise!  I'll probably do that again, too.

Tomorrow is my running day.  It's probably going to be a tough one because I know I'll be sore - I'm already sore!  I'm also meeting with a running coach tomorrow.  I get one free training session at the gym, so that's what I'm doing.  I hope he doesn't kick my butt on the treadmill or something! I have no idea what to expect, but I sure have a lot of questions for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment