Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Getting Stronger!

Good morning!  I did not forget about my blog!  I had several days of inactivity rest because of that one crazy workout with my new trainer!  My thighs were so sore, I could barely walk.  I had to lower myself onto a chair with my arms!  It lasted for 3 days.  Seriously.  I felt like I was SOOOO out of shape!  But I know that being sore means that my muscles really worked hard, so even though it became super annoying to hobble around for 3 days, I'm glad I did it.

And then I ran for 20 minutes on Saturday.  Yesterday I did another workout with my awesome trainer!  He's really great!  We worked on arms and upper body some yesterday, along with legs & core, and then I ran on the treadmill for 15 minutes at 4.8 mph.  Pretty slow, but I could carry on somewhat of a conversation, so it was fun.  And I know I'm getting my body used to running when I'm tired.

Today I'm pretty sore, but nothing like last week!  I'm going back for another workout on Thursday, and I can't wait!  (Even though I know it will hurt!!)  :D

So, on to other stuff.  I have 2 races coming up, both 5K distance, of course.  I'm doing the Color Me Rad run with Brian on April 13, and then the Spring Sprint in Altamonte on April 20.  I'm also doing The Color Run again in July in Columbus, OH!!  I'm running with my brother and sister-in-law and the NEPHEWS!!  Also, my awesome Kindermusik-teacher friend Christa will be there, and I haven't seen her in over a year!  So I'm super excited about that one!  I hope I can keep up with the nephews!  :D

Here are some other races I'm thinking about doing.  (I haven't signed up for any of these yet.) I'm posting them here so I can refer back, but if anyone wants to join me, just let me know!  I'm a pretty easy person to beat, so if you want to feel really fast, run with me!  Ha!  ;)

May 11 - $23 - I-Drive 5K

May 18 - $20 - Lake Mary Community 5K

July 4 - $24 - Watermelon Run 5K

October 5 - $50 - Disney's Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run

~or~

October 5 - $20 - Sanford Riverwalk 5K

November 2 - $25 - Gingerbread Run 5K

November 9 - $50 - Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
OR November 9 at 10pm - $175 - Wine and Dine Half Marathon (if I'm feeling brave!)

---->I need a Turkey Trot in here!  Can't find one listed yet!

December 7 - (no price listed yet) - OUC Orlando 5K

January 10, 2014 (Friday) - $95 - Walt Disney World 10K - brand new race!

And, of course, the goal:

February 24, 2014 - $140 early reg. - Disney Princes Half Marathon with my sis-in-law!

I need a couple more races in there, but I'm sure more will be listed soon.  I'll keep watching.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment