Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hill Day

It's late and I'm tired and I need to get some sleep, but I really want to record what I did for yesterday's workout. As I've said many times before, I really think this was my hardest workout yet. We did some work on my (extremely weak) biceps, and then we did some ab work. And THEN I got on the treadmill. I did this circuit 3 times:

3 minutes at 3% incline
2 minutes flat
1 minute walking

The first 2 times, my speed was 5.5, which is a bit above my "happy" pace of 5.0.  But partway through the second time, I honestly didn't think I was gonna make it. Bruce encouraged me to finish that set, and then I did the third set at 5.2. I'm trying not to be disappointed in myself. I'm learning that even though I had to slow my pace, I didn't quit, and I didn't fail!

After those 3 sets, I walked for I think 3 minutes, and then I had a final 5 minute run at 5.5. That last run almost kills me, but I was thankful it was 5 minutes instead of 10! When I was finished, I stretched a little and then went to the car. I thought I was going to barf and/or pass out - so I called Brian and he met me with a Coke and saved the day. I didn't barf and I didn't die and I was fine!

I'm anxious to see what tomorrow's workout will bring!

In other news, I'm starting to notice that some of my muscles are getting toned a little! Maybe someday I'll post some pictures. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment